Monday 18 March 2013

Yee-ha!

and other exclamations of joy!

E-mail this morning confirming my Ph D registration, links to scarily long documents about research procedures and regulations about thesis submission, a progress monitoring chart and other stuff that I'm sure I will need to consult over the next 5 years.

And my ID card having finally reached Oban [sigh], it is now on its way to Orkney.

The only bad news was when I looked at the required word length and discovered to my horror that you have to include the words in footnotes towards the overall word count. What?? I've always struggled in the past to keep to maximum length, and one of my little tricks for dealing with the restriction has been to bung into footnotes points which I wanted to make but which could be extracted from the main text, therefore reducing the overall word count.

Still with 100,000 words to play with, I may not have need of such stratagems. W can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment