Saturday 9 March 2013

Spontaneous Outing

I'd been planning to take things fairly easy this week, as far as I could. Last week was busy by my standards and my constitution isn't built for it. I was proud of myself though because of the ten things on the calendar  I managed nine, dropping out only of one of the two things pencilled in for Wednesday.

I thought that this coming week would be a lot easier before I remembered that we are scheduled to go to two parties [two! and I can't remember the last time we went to one], but that's at the end of the week, so I'm not even thinking about it yet.
 
Meanwhile today was the first day in ages when there wasn't anywhere I was supposed to be and the plan was to settle down with BBC catch up [Mayday] and wrestle with my sister's birthday socks.  But I was finding Mayday incredibly slow and the pattern on the socks fairly intransigent so I was only too pleased to break off and  talk to my friend R when she rang. Turned out she was after the phone number for The Woolshed as she was planning to go and buy some fleece for needlefelting, if they would open up for her. And they would so I invited myself along.
 
The Woolshed is in Evie and it's a beautiful drive from Burray, especially when it's a sunny day like it was today [don't get jealous, it was freezing cold as well!] We had a good look around when we got there, were shown a peg loom, and got a brief description of the difference between Shetland and North Ronaldsay fleeces. And we both bought a couple of bags of fleece of different colours so that we could do some mix and match.
 
So although I was looking forward to a slouch on the couch I went out instead and thoroughly enjoyed myself, probably because it was a totally spontaneous thing that I didn't have to think about too much beforehand.
 
Now of course I need to think about what to do with the fleece, although I have some ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment