Tuesday 5 March 2013

In the interest of fairness

I must point out that since late last week I have been an officially enrolled Ph D student at UHI. Since I have moaned at great length both here and elsewhere about how long the whole process has taken, it's only right I should record the fact that we have at last got that far.

Also in the interests of fairness I should probably point out that this is only as the result of hassling someone in Oban, who then pointed me in the direction of the on-line enrolment form which I proceeded to complete. Sadly she was unable to give me an update on the whereabouts of my ID card, but One Thing at a Time as the old song almost says.
 
And here's a thing about that self same enrolment form. Apart from the nuts and bolts stuff, there are acres and acres of socio-economic data questions to complete. One of them concerns your last completed academic qualification. Now my last one of those was an MA at UHI itself in 2008. But when I tried to enter that fact I got a little message saying 'data invalid'. Several times. So I put in my Leeds MA instead. I hope no-one is making any important decisions based on the data they collect from these forms!

No comments:

Post a Comment