Wednesday 20 March 2013

Bumper Day for parcels....

In addition to bringing me my ID card postie also left two parcels while we were out having lunch.

We don't often go out for lunch [tbh we don't go out for anything much]  but this was OH's way of ensuring that I had a hot meal today.  He'll be out this evening at a committee meeting for the Orkney Archaeology Society, and as he is standing in for the Secretary this month he seems to think he needs to be there 90 minutes before anyone else. This means he'll be going out at about 4.30, and goodness knows when he'll be back . It depends how many of the rabbiting-on persuasion turn up. He normally cooks our evening meal and he knows that left to myself I'd probably prepare a plate of cheese and biscuits, hence the lunch out.
 
Anyway before we went a courier turned up with a battery charger [yawn] but when we got home there were two parcels of wool for me to open and drool over. One was four skeins of Malabrigo Worsted, a yarn I am ridiculously addicted too, from the extremely obliging and helpful Rachel at
Tangled Yarn. And the other was the latest instalment of the sock yarn club from The Knitting Goddess .
 
Sadly I haven't yet managed to finish last months sock club instalment, which I am knitting up for my sister, but maybe the arrival of the new edition will motivate me to get those finished. The Malabrigo is for a special project that I cannot start as yet, so that can just get put safely away. Along with all my other wool. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment