Friday 1 March 2013

A Different Sort of Visitor

 
 
Look what's been hanging round in our garden / on our roof for the past few days.

When I say 'garden' I use the term loosely since a lot of the land we have here wouldn't be recognised as such by Alan Titchmarsh, Monty Don, Pippa Greenwood et al.

We have 2.75 acres which I said when we were thinking of buying the house was far too much as we are not gardeners and never have been. But OH was determined to have the house because he loved it, and assured me that he had ideas about what to do with the land. I wasn't really all that reassured but we bought the house anyway.

We did plant trees in a half paddock right at the top of the land so we have a small wood growing, and there's even a little gap in the middle designed for picnics when the trees are big enough for you to feel that you're having a picnic in a wood.

We've had someone come in and make us a rockery too and that looks really nice, although slightly wind blasted just at present. We hope to get a little bit more done each year, but it has to be designed to be low maintenance because we're no keener on gardening than we ever were. Gardens, yes; I can visit other people's gardens until the cows come home, but actually getting out there and doing it - no thank you. It's a lack I know. And I don't  make my own bread either.

No comments:

Post a Comment