Thursday 21 March 2013

Made to feel an idiot - by a machine

The other day I thought the tumble dryer had broken. It kept switching itself to pause, and every time I switched it back to On, it moved sluggishly around for about a minute and then started sulking again. This was not a good thing. I love my tumble dryer almost as much as I love my dishwasher and I love my dishwasher a lot. I did not want it to be poorly -although more for my sake than its, it must be said.
 
I called for OH and tried to explain what was happening, a process made somewhat difficult by the fact that as I was talking he was walking out of the room. He stood by the offending machine and then said in superior tones 'Yes I thought so'. He then fell silent in that irritating way that they have, and as he obviously wasn't going to explain further without me begging, I obligingly said 'What? What did you think?'
 
Well it seemed there was a little graphic on the display bit that was all lit up or underlined or something and it meant that the water drawer was full so the machine had sensibly turned itself off rather than cause a flood in the kitchen.
 
I was mortified! I always but always clean the filters and empty that drawer when I use the dryer. Only last time obviously I didn't. I felt such a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment