Saturday 9 March 2013

Needle Felting

I've made one or two mentions of Needle Felting recently because rather to my surprise I find myself in a group that does it once a fortnight.

Now you might think that you can't really find yourself in a regular group and be surprised,  but you can because what happened was this -

Some people in the village go to a U3A craft group, elsewhere in Orkney, and they had had a go at Needle felting one week. R quite fancied trying it  and I said I wouldn't  mind being shown how to do it, so she arranged that the two of us  should go to J's house one afternoon for a bit of a go. Come the day, and all of a sudden there are 8 of us going and it's too many for J's house so the Village Hall has been booked and  they've decided to book it on a fortnightly basis.
 
Of course I wouldn't have to keep going if I didn't want to, but in fact I'm quite enjoying it so far. I suspect that at the end of the day there may be limits to what you can do with it, but I'm happy to carry on exploring it for a bit longer. Pictures forthcoming, if anything is worth taking a picture of.

No comments:

Post a Comment