Wednesday 20 March 2013

All is now explained

Postie brought me my ID card today. And now I know why it came from Aberdeen. It's because it's a University of Aberdeen ID card.

UHI is very new and cannot yet award its own research degrees, so I knew that in about five years time when I got to wear a floppy hat and the right to call myself Doctor that the bit of paper that came with that would say University of Aberdeen. Because they're the awarding institution for now, and they have a lot of input into quality assurance issues and the like.

I knew that, and I knew that all the admin is more or less doubled because you have to fill things in for Aberdeen and UHI. Somehow it never occurred to me [possibly because I have more exciting things to think about] that the ID card would identify me as a student of the University of Aberdeen. Nor that it would say 'Valid until 2018' which seems a long way off.
 
Baby steps, baby steps but all progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment