Friday 6 May 2022

So yeah, about the No Socks in 2022 thing ....

 


Just off the needles two days ago. Pattern is Oh Hello Sock which I've used a couple of times before and the yarn is from Giddy Yarns, I bought this at the Glasgow School of Yarn last autumn so I'm glad I've used it up. Funnily enough it was one of Helen's Fairy Tale Club yarns but it came out after I stopped buying that because well, because I didn't need more sock yarn, but I fell in love with this one at the show and bought it. And now I have a cosy pair of socks. 

As for not knitting socks I think I've just got  to have a pair on the needles whatever else I might be working on. Because sometimes you just want something fairly easy which  grows quickly to pick up  rather than something that takes 100% concentration. For me that's hats, but I'm over hats for a while, and socks. And there is a very special pair of socks under construction jus now, pics to come when they're done. 

And a peedie health update = I have finally got an appointment with the ophthalmology people  which is later this month. This should include a small procedure which will help my vision, plus tests to establish whether surgery is indicated or not. We're crossing fingers for  yes on the latter, whilst bearing n mind that a) it might not be and b) if it is, the recovery is a bit on the challenging side. As for my fall, I still can;t show myself outside the house as the bruising is, if anything, a lot worse than when I first fell. My lip is getting better but is still very sore and my arm just aches all the time. I have rested it A LOT today, in the hope that it will stop hurting soon.  I tell myself I am getting a little bit better every day: whether that is true or not I don't know. But the stitches come out on Monday morning so that's got to be a good thing. 

1 comment:

  1. Heather Cawte6 May 2022 at 17:51

    Crossing *absolutely everything* xxx

    ReplyDelete