Tuesday 24 May 2022

Baking Subscription April

 


This was salted caramel loaf cake. It had to be made by the OH as my right arm can't cope with holding a food mixer just now. He made a good of of it, and it was delicious.

We'd been putting off making it since I'm supposed to be eating low-to-no fat and he isn't supposed to eat very much sweet stuff, but we used the excuse of some Very Special Visitors to make it. And I had a friend round this morning for coffee and cake which also helped to save us from ourselves.

Interestingly this should have had some buttercream rosettes piped on the top before being drizzled with caramel and dusted with walnut brittle That was a step too far for the OH who skipped it. You see, it's not only me that thinks sometimes the suggested decoration is just far too much of a faff. 

Tomorrow  (fnally) I get my ophthalmology consult. Pleased it has arrived, but nervous about the outcome. No doubt I will report back in due course. Meanwhile any crossed fingers, held thumbs, good vibes etc  much appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. Retrospective good luck vibes . . . or time traveling ones perhaps?

    ReplyDelete