Monday 30 May 2022

Books to Read Poster No 37

 


It's been a while, which would be down to my not being able to see really. But I have been listening to a few things on Audible and I finished this one today. It comes as part of Audible Extra which means that  I didn't have to pay for it, and as it turned out that was a good thing.

I'm not sure that the person who designed the little pictures didn't get a bit confused with this one, because if you looked at it and guessed the book was The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, I would perfectly understand why you had said that, but you would be wrong, because the book was actually The Adventures of Hucklebery Finn. Tom Sawyer I remember being a class read when I was ten and possibly we should have read Finn then too, because it might be appealing to a  child but I didn't find it that appealing as an adult. 

To wit, the first third was moderately interesting, the second third was tedious and the final third was just plain stupid. 

Of course  I could be  missing something.

But I'm chalking it up as a total fail regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment