Saturday 28 May 2022

So apparently Scrappy Socks are A Thing

I don't know that they are my thing exactly, but the OH has hankered after a pair for a while (or at least he's talked about them a lot) and when I saw that Laura from The Lonely Knitter had a scrappy club set called The Mandalorian it seemed like fate, since the OH had taken out a subscription to Disney+ in order to view that very thing. Also a series called Boba Fett. Tangentially, it also meant we could while away two hours of our lives yesterday watching  the first two episodes of a new series  called Obi Wan. Rater than give that its own post I shall just say here that I expect we will also watch the remaining four episodes, but that if it had been me and not Obi-Wan tasked with rescuing the obnoxious young Leia, I would have left her to her fate about half way through our first encounter. 

Anyway the scrappy socks are made and here they are 


For the benefit of any geek readers the colours are as follows:- 

top sock  cuff down -  Jawas in the Desert, Whistling Birds and Boba Fett
bottom sock cuff down - Sunrise on Tattoine, Moff Gideon and Ahsako Tano
Heels and Toes on both are Carbonite.
Ad there are three untouched minis from the set that I can do something else with.

I'm not saying  wouldn't do any for myself if there was a set I fancied, but I would make them matching - although that would be incredibly fiddly to manage.

Currently on the needles are two boring scarves, a difficult pair of socks and a resurrected jumper that I need to alter. Since none of these currently appeal but need to be done, I am fighting hard against the impulse just to cast on another pair of simple socks. 

Tomorrow I might return to the subject of our recent trip south - more than time I got that written up before I go off on travels further afield. 


No comments:

Post a Comment