Sunday 8 May 2022

Farewell to the Fitbit

I've been wearing a Fitbit watch for several years now, and before that I had one of those clip on ones, that somehow ended up in the washing machine and was never the same again, by which I mean  it never worked again which I suppose isn't really surprising. 

But a couple of weeks ago I suddenly asked myself why I was bothering to wear the Fitbit. I rarely made my step goal, the weather having been fairly horrible for the first three months of the year and I could never get it to sync; with my ,account, on the Fitbit website. Added to which it would occasionally go dark and then start up again for no apparent reason  and occasionally my wrist would buzz and I would be commanded to 'Exercise'. I wasn't feeling the love. 

And I have some lovely watches that  are a lot more pleasing to wear then the black blank face of the Fitbit. So a couple of weeks ago I took one of them into the local jeweller, had a new battery fitted and am now wearing this on my wrist


Rotary with a gold plated strap and a dark green face. Oddly enough I can see the time on this much better than I could see it on the Fitbit screen, witch is doubtless due to some technicality to do with glare or contrast.  Anyway it's nice to be wearing a pretty watch again and when the battery on this one runs out I'll pick out one of the others. (It sounds like I have dozens, I don't, just four and one of those is missing a strap pin so may well not be wearable again. We'll see. 

2 comments:

  1. I have the technology to fix a missing strap pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather Cawte8 May 2022 at 14:33

    So much prettier!

    ReplyDelete