Friday 20 May 2022

Never Consult Dr Google

 Which is a thing I would normally never dream of doing anyway. That way madness truly lies. 

That said I was concerned about what seemed to be my non-healing wrist. It had had a good long rest n Glasgow but didn't really seem to be getting any better, and the OH thought I should consult the doctor, just in case. And actually it hurt so much I wasn't averse to doing that. But I thought I would just check out healing times for wrist sprains to see if I should be worried or not. 

Gordon Bennett. I looked at various sites and they all had the same bad news for me Sprained wrists, depending on how bad the sprain was, and I knew mine was bad because the A and E doctor had said so, took anything between 3 weeks and 3 months to heal. And naturally he older you are the longer it takes, generally speaking. 

So the good news was that I didn't need to bother the GP. The bad news is I have at least one more week and probably more like nine to go. It is improving, in the sense that I am getting more movement with it, but on the other hand (Ha! totally unintentional) it is still very painful. Ah well, more lessons in patience. 

Dear Universe. I learned a lot of patience during lockdown. I really didn't think I needed any more lessons in it.  Thank you for nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment