Friday 30 April 2021

How Did I Miss This?

Looking back through my April photos and the blog  I see that I never recorded on here the re-opening for the summer of Geri's Ice Cream Parlour. 

This annual re-opening has been a date of note for us for many years and  we were very sorry that due to Covid Geris remained firmly closed all last summer. We were rather worried that with some restrictions still in force this spring she might not bother to open this year either, in fact we were rather afraid that she would not open again at all.

We need not have worried. The Ice Cream Parlour re-opened, for takeaways only, on 1st April. Although we like to be there on opening day, that wan't possible this year but we were there on 2nd, and delighted to hear that it was possible to buy her trademark desserts in takeaway form. We'd wondered if we would have to content ourselves with cones. 

We duly did that very thing, choosing our favourites, choc mint chip for him and hot fudge for me. I would have had the raspberry ripple, which is my all time favourite but it seems the Orkney Dairy has stopped making coconut ice cream, so the RR is off the menu.  Boo to then. 

Still, even second favourite was a Lovely Thing.



1 comment: