Wednesday 21 April 2021

Happy Mail 2


This one took so long to arrive I was beginning to think it had got lost, as things I had ordered afterwards had arrived before it did. It was supposed to be tracked, but it was sent using that totally useless tracking  system where you put the number into the Roya Mail website and they say 'We have received your parcel and no further information will be available until we have attempted to deliver it'. What on earth is the point of that? I know this came all the way from Sussex, so the length of England and Scotland, but equally well, most of the journey will have been by plane. So why did it take ten days???

Anyway there are three things to say about this particular piece of happy mail, the first being what it is. 5 x20g mini-skeins from Suzie at Elderflower Stitches in her Spring Sorbet Collection. I wanted a skein of this soooo badly but couldn't decide which colour to choose so opted for mini skeins of all five instead. They are  beautiful.

The second thing to say is that I thought I had the prefect pattern for them - hooray! but when I double checked it's not in fact suitable at all which has me rather stymied as, beautiful though the wool is, I didn't buy it so it could languish in a box or be a decoration on my shelves. I'm a bit busy with my Celtic Art assessment  just now, but once that's out of the way I must put my mind to looking for something else. I'm expecting to pair them with a plain cream skein and do some sort of wrap but we'll see. 

And the third thing to say is that I have to stop looking at Virtual Yarn Festivals  because all it does is introduce me to more and more indie dyers who are producing beautiful yarn which I then want to buy. Most of it I don't buy, but if I don't watch the festivals then I won't be tempted. (For those who might want to be put in temptation's way, the Virtual Yorkshire Yarn Festival for April - its every second month - is on this weekend and most vendors will put up their 15 minute presentations on You Tube. They are all on Instagram which is where the festival is hosted but I'm not on Instagram, which in my case  is probably a very good thing.)

1 comment: