Saturday 1 May 2021

I'm A Winner - Literally!

A few weeks ago Sharon at Great British Yarns launched a colour competition. One of her lovely tam designs wasn't selling very well and she was told it was because of the colours she had used. (In fairness I need to put on record that she had not chosen the colours concerned herself). So she had a competition to find a new combination for it.  It was very simple to enter, all you had to do was choose five colours of Shetland Spindrift that you thought would knit up well together in the pattern. 

I wasn't going to enter. I've done very little proper Fair Isle knitting and the recently completed beanie shown on  here a few weeks ago was my first Fair Isle hat. But one morning when I was waiting for the OH to finish his preparations for going into town I thought I would have  a look at the website and see if I couldn't come up with  any suggestions. And it's not exactly a hardship to look at the colours of wool. 

In the end I did four. It would have been five but the pinky purply one was never born as I was just getting started on it when the OH loomed over me jangling the car keys intimating he was ready to go,  so I pressed send on the e-mail with the ones I'd done and off we went  to the library. I never gave it another thought.

Until that is I got an e-mail on Thursday to say I'd won! I was flabbergasted, as well as chuffed to bits. Here is a photograph of my winning colour combination, photographed by Sharon ... 


... and there's a blog post from GBY about the competition and how it was judged  here .

My prize was a GBY gift voucher and I used it to buy Laine magazine's only-just-published 52 Weeks of Shawls which I am very much looking forward to receiving. Happy Mail indeed.

And in fact I did get some Happy Mail yesterday, details another time.  




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That’s a lovely combination xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done dear, obviously I should listen to your colour suggestions. Thinking Nantucket rose!

    ReplyDelete