Friday 16 April 2021

Happy Mail

I am indebted to Helen, the dyer behind Giddy Yarns for the concept of Happy Mail, a term she use on her vlogcasts for the receipt of nice things that she has ordered on-line.

I have been waiting for some happy mail myself and yesterday the first of three anticipated parcels arrived. 


A matching project bag and notions pouch from For the Love of Yarn. Since I seem to be knitting so many socks just now and since I am usually working more than one pair at once it seemed a good idea to get a new sock project bag. I love the fabric this one is made from, it's so cheerful,. The notions pouch clips onto the handle to keep together stitch markers, sewing up needles, large safety pins  and a tape measure, which will save rootling about in the bottom of the bag, which  is just too common an irritating occurrence. 

The safety pins incidentally are to save me from the horrors of Kitchener stitch. I had  got  to grips  with it some time ago and then for about three socks in a row recently it went messily wrong. So I now put my final 24 stitches onto safety pins, turn the sock inside out, replace the stitches on dpns and use a three needle cast off. It looks just as neat, it's easier to do and it's a lot harder to drop stitches that way. Result! 


No comments:

Post a Comment