Saturday 10 April 2021

Socks for the Boys

 A week! I haven't posted for a week, which would be because we haven't done anything. It snowed so we couldn't get out, it was bitterly cold so we wouldn't have wanted to, so all we did was stay in and do stuff that is fun to do but not very exciting to write about. 

However I have done some socks for both my boys. These ones are for son no 2 and I'm havering between posting them down or keeping the to deliver in person on the grounds that we should be able to do that before very much longer. Although there's an up in the air aspect to that which I may post about tomorrow. 

Anyway these are a plain sock knitted in Knitpicks Felici sock yarn which I hadn't tried before. Sharon at Great British Yarns recommended it, and I have to say it's fabulous. There's a pair half done for the OH in a different colourway and  wouldn't be at all surprised if I didn't buy some more in due course. 



And these ones are the April socks for the one in Canada. Clue for the month is Thompson.The pattern is a modified version of Vanilla Latte which is available through Ravelry and is an excellent basic pattern as it gives a choice of heel and toe. I did my usual toe because I can by now recite it in my sleep. The yarn is from The Knitting Goddess and is called, for obvious reasons, choquoise. I'm hoping it isn't too bright for him, but come on! most of it is brown. He has recently confessed to a liking for 'dark red' and I found a ball of dark red kicking about in a project bag recently so I guess next month's will be dark read ones. But who knows, I may run mad and do them in neon green*


* except of course I won't because then he wouldn't wear them and it would be a waste of my time and effort. 


3 comments:

  1. Knitting socks is one of the things that’s kept me sane since Covid! Love the Choquoise yarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you be revealing the answer to the conundrum? I am useless at solving things like that and gave up before I started :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you be revealing the answer to the conundrum? I am useless at solving things like that and gave up before I started :-)

    ReplyDelete