Friday 1 January 2021

The Sparklies Number 2

 


Oh look, it's socks. These are for the OH who watched me knit them thinking they were for me. Why he thought I might want to wear sparkly socks I can't imagine. Anyway they got finished yesterday - I was sorry I didn't have them done in time for his birthday but there you go. 

I went to the FB hosted cast-on-along for my new cowl yesterday. It was quite fun although I got the impression that everyone there already knew one another. That said the set up of the cowl took some concentration so I was quite pleased that I wasn't obliged to carry on a conversation while I did it. I did some more work on it when the FB thing was finished and  this is how far I got. 


We went for a long walk in Finstown today and I have some lovely photos but I haven't quite got around to sorting them out, so that will be the blog post tomorrow. And we'll be doing another walk, temperature and weather permitting. Not sure how long we can keep our resolution re a daily walk but it was good to get out of the house, and indeed off Burray, and go somewhere else today. 

2021 has been OK so far. I'm not taking that as an omen though. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the socks, and the cowl. I’m thinking of trying toe-up socks next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. toe up ones, eh? I did one of those once. Never quite got around to making its pair!

      Delete
  2. My resolutions for this change of date thingy - use proper camera EVERY day (to get me back to knowing settings instinctively instead of having to think every time); and learn to knit socks as well as loom knit them (learning to use one of these weird circular needle things would probably help . . . )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm yes, I love my little Canon digital camera but it has a less than satisfactory zoom feature. The OH says I can fix that with photographic software after the event and I should probably learn how to do that. But I probably won't. Small circulars are what I use for socks (30 cm long), don't think I could cope with sock knitting if I didn't have those. Good luck.

      Delete