Monday 11 January 2021

The Cowl is complete

 and here it is.


The long point is designed to go down the front of coats or jackets with V-necks, and the piece that goes around your neck is double thickness. Very warm and cosy and the colours in the wool are lovely, although not particularly well visible in photographs. 

In other knitting news I have been scheduling 'start sewing blanket strips together ' on a daily basis for what seems like (but actually isn't) weeks and failing to get around to it. It's partly because other things have taken up my time and partly fear, since it involves learning mattress stitch, which I'm told is really easy. I'm just not sure that I believe it. However today I feel is the day to finally make a start. Just not quite yet. 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!

    And yes, truly, mattress stitch is easy. You’ll be wondering why you put it off for so long within 5 minutes of learning it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOO KKKKKKKKK well, Ill let you know how it goes ...

      Delete