Thursday 31 December 2020

New Year Treat Box

A little while ago I reported on the cheering properties of the November Treat Box from Cookston Crafts and mentioned that I had ordered the Hogmanay one as well. It being Hogmanay today I have opened the box. And here's a photo.



Wool ( I had the choice and opted for DK),  a pattern, bath salts, a scented candle, a New Year card and a packet of mixed shortbread biscuits. There's a cast on for the pattern being held on Facebook this afternoon which I thought might be fun to join in, so I have wound the wool in readiness. 


The colours (which the photo really doesn't do justice to) were inspired by the torchlight processions held in some places in Scotland at New Year, so on Ravelry I shall probably call the project something pretentious like the  Up Helly A' cowl. Photos of that will doubtless appear in due course.

Meanwhile a Happy New Year to all when it comes. I am hoping very hard that 2021 will be better than 2020, but trying not to say anything that might jinx that very understandable wish. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the colours!

    I know what you mean about jinxing - I am saying NOTHING about this year, just in case xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all decent people at the least no worse a year than we've just had xx

    ReplyDelete