Saturday 23 January 2021

And the answer to yesterday's question is

not just yarn, thank you Heather, ho ho ho! 😅  Did you not see the beads?

The pictures were of course of the parcel that arrived yesterday for the 2021 Debbie Abrahams Mystery Blanket. 

I will front this up and say that yes I do remember saying that I wasn't going to order it, both here and elsewhere, and at the time that was my firm intention. But then we were promised bright festive colours and I thought well the two I've done started have been subdued to neutral and really a nice warn cosy brightly coloured blanket would be a nice thing to work on during the long grey days of lockdown. So I caved. 

Doubtless progress will be reported on here in due course. The first set of patterns are due on 1st Feb. And I have one or two things to get on with before then. Although not today. Today I am slightly lurgied, although happily not with Covid symptoms, and so I am taking it easy. I am even ignoring reminders from the twice blasted owl that I have yet to turn up to do my daily Gaelic and Spanish lessons. Not happening, not today. 

I may even let myself off the current book poster book instalment. I'm not saying what the book  is until I have finished it, but at ten pages a day, which is all I can cope with, it's going to take a while  and a few renewals at the library before I fight my way to the end. I keep having to remind myself that, despite feelings to the contrary as I read, I am not stupid, which is not a good frame of mind to be in when you're reading  a book. I will be gibbering by the end. 


4 comments:

  1. I did see them, but I didn’t mention them 😉😉 It really does look like a lovely palette of colours!

    Not Ulysses you’re ploughing through, by any chance? It’s defeated me every time I’ve tried....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot help but wonder why anyone would want beads in or on a blanket - but each to their own . . .
    (Am I the only person ever to have both read and enjoyed Ulysses? Actually I know I'm not as my cousin-by-married is nuts about JJ!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not Ulysses - that dubious pleasure is yet to come. Meanwhile these are not really blankets to put on beds, more like throws. Some people back them and then hang them on their walls. They are truly gorgeous things when done. Even mine which I am (rather inexpertly) sewing up just now is looking really lovely. The joy for me, as a process rather than a product knitter, is manly from trying out new techniques and patterns, plus of course the anticipation before each set of patterns arrives, and then trying to work out what the whole thing will look like. This is definitely my last one though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This is definitely my last one though!" I shall make a note of this comment . . .

    ReplyDelete