Thursday 14 May 2020

More small knitting projects

So here are the two things I finished over the weekend. First up the mitts to go with the hat and cowl previously displayed


In theory I had enough of the multi-coloured wool to do the mitts in it completely. but it didn't look like I had enough when I cast the first one on so I chickened out and did the hand sections in a toning dark blue. I think they look really good. I wore the complete set yesterday when out for my walk since it is still very cold here and it was cosy warm. 

Secondly a doll dress made from the leftovers from my Herbst socks


I finished knitting this ages ago and it has been kicking about ever since waiting for me to sew it up and put on the buttons. When people ask me why I like to knit socks I never say 'because they don't need sewing up or buttons' but I suspect there might be a lot of that in there!

I am working on two bigger knitting projects as well (monogamy, except in marriage, never having been my strong suit); details will doubtless trickle trough to the blog in due course.  

1 comment:

  1. Exactly why I knit socks - with the added bonus that socks don’t need faces on them, either!

    ReplyDelete