Tuesday 5 May 2020

Box Sets - Are you over them?

I've seen various references in the press and on social media to people complaining that they are 'totally over the box set thing', which I take to mean they have now watched all the box sets of programs which appeal to them and are now rather mardy about having 'nothing to do'. I may  be wrong, they may just have got fed up with sitting on the couch and are now looking for something else to do. Which, given how long we have been in lock down, would not be surprising. 

But what I want to know is - where have they found the time? In all these weeks I have managed to watch just one 'box set', and that wasn't streaming a multi season show, it was watching  DVDs of a thing called Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. This was made in 2006 and ran for one season only, so 22 episodes in total. It was created by Aaron Sorkin of The West Wing fame and starred Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford. It was very very funny and I enjoyed watching it again. Since it was about a topical sketch show it has aged, but the central relationships and the wit still shone sharp and clear. I doubt if it is available to stream anywhere though. 

I suppose if the current situation goes on much longer  I might find time to learn how to stream and finally catch up with The West Wing itself, which people have been telling me for years was brilliant. Or I may just do a lot more reading. Time will tell. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved that show - such a shame it didn’t get renewed. My problem is finding something that I don’t mind watching with only half my attention, while I’m stitching!

    ReplyDelete