Sunday 3 May 2020

Lockdown Knitting - Small Things.

I have naturally been dong a lot of knitting in lockdown. There have been two large projects, both ongoing for different reasons and I'll maybe talk about those another day. But I find that what suits me just now is doing small things; using up wool and getting stuff finished. Here's a quick gallop round what I've made since the beginning of March.


This will go off to Knitting for Peace or the shoebox appeal at some stage. I can't believe how long I have had this wool in my stash. It came with us to Orkney in 2005, I know that much. 


The left overs were used for hats for Bonnie babies and a prem baby cannula sleeve .....


And having found some odd bits of blue cream and grey DK they became BB hats and cannula sleeves as well

I did nine of these red hats but forgot to take a picture of the other seven! It doesn't matter, as they all looked exactly the same. 


This was meant to use up some wool I bought in Australia many years ago. I'm pleased with how the hat came out, but wasn't so pleased that it only used 60% of the ball. I will have to do a smaller version to use up the rest at some stage. 



This hat and cowl set is for me and uses up some beautiful Malabrigo worsted weight sent to me by a friend in America. I am working on a pair of fingerless mitts to go with them to use up every last scrap. I never met a skein of Malabrigo yarn that I didn't like and their worsted is so soft and buttery, I love working with it. 


Random picture of one of the cats just to break it up for non-knitting readers! 


I picked up this ball of wool meaning to knit a pair of charity socks but then decided they would do for son no 1 at Christmas. Unlike his father and brother he does not like bright socks, but I decided these, even with the purple, would be sombre enough, especially as he is getting a bit Goth-y thes edays. 


This as also using up wool sent from America, and I cast it on when I needed something mindless to knit because other stuff was a bit too complex for doing in front of the TV. Again it didn't use up all the available yarn and I will do another in due course. 


And finally, for now, no prizes for guessing these were for the OH. 

There's also a baby jacket on the blocking boards, so all in all I don't think I've done so badly. 

1 comment: