Wednesday 17 January 2024

Jusr a quick one today

 about jigsaw puzzles.

Last time we were in Glasgow we picked up a puzzle my sister was lending me which she had left at the flat and I managed to get it finished a couple of days before Christmas. Which was a good thing as we then needed the table for Christmas dinner. 


I got several new ones at Christmas and I have already completed this one. A sister to the Dinner with Monet one that I did a while back this is Dinner with Matisse. It was interesting that it was a degree more difficult than the Manet one because I'm not as familiar with Matisse's work as I am with Monet's, so that the parts of the puzzle that are basically reproductions of his pictures were unknown and so had to be looked at harder. 


I'm currently working my way through anther one in the same series Dinner with Frida. I can say it's a riot of colour, in fact such a riot its a bit painful on the eyes to be honest. I know nothing about Kahlo beyond the fact that she had thick eyebrows and was Mexican so possibly I should put in a bit of research. Picture to come when the puzzle is done.

Meanwhile 

We still have snow. In fact we have more snow. I managed to get to the hairdresser's yesterday and came away feeling ten years younger, and looking it too I suspect. But from tomorrow basically everything is shut. So we'll just have to hunker down, keep the fire going and sit it out. Still better this month than next, given that we have two trips south boked in February. 

Also despite all intentions to the contrary I  picked up the Finnish jumper again. The too tight neckband has now been taken out and the next thing to do is to decrease to a more sensible and larger number of stitches for it, and then reknit it. I may look at it again today. Or I may not. We'll see. I know it's almost finished, but I don't know how sanguine I could be if I tried and failed a third time. 


 



4 comments:

  1. I confess I do not like this snow at all. I was in town for a couple of days as the medics wanted to shove a camera down my throat (not a particularly pleasant experience but the staff were all lovely), so when the snow hit I was a bit panicky about getting home. However - and this feels so typically Orcadian - the roads and schools and stuff are all snowed off, but the ferries are running to schedule! Mind, I was glad I have 4wd to get up my own drive yesterday afternoon . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Although my 4wd is only a puny car variety. Would love one of my many former Landrovers just now.)

      Delete
    2. We have a 4WD Land Rover. Wouldn't have ventured out otherwise. Passed several ordinary cars slithering about on the hills into Kirkwall.

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for the neckline...

    ReplyDelete