Wednesday 30 March 2022

Well, they're not sunflowers

 


but they were given to me when I went to make a donation to a collection for Ukraine. There's a huge effort locally to raise money and fill a truck with needed stuff and as part of that my friend R arranged a collection of basic toiletries at the weekend. A local business donated small bags and people donated other stuff so that she ended up with 100 bags each containing a face cloth a bar of soap a toothbrush a tube of toothpaste and one other thing, shampoo, or  deodorant, or a disposable razor for men. A fantastic effort and she ended up with 100 bags plus extras of soe thngs thta wll g to the general collection. 

And everyone who dropped in a donation got a little bunch of daffs and catkins tied with blue and yellow ribbon which I thought was lovely. 

I have sent off some hats and some children's cardigans that I had already made and I am currently churning out more hats, since they have been specifically requested. Luckily they are quick to knit and  I enjoy doing them and they distract me from the worst bits of Gregg Wallace - yes, Masterchef is back and Greg Wallace is still in it. and he is still pulling stupid faces and calling all the male contestants 'Mate'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment