Thursday 3 March 2022

Birthday Knitting - It Hasn't All Been About the Socks

 When my sister saw the post about my little knitted gnome Vigdis, she let slip she thought I might have been making it/another one for her. I wasn't; not having had any idea that she was particularly fond of gnomes. Father Christmas - yes; Snowmen - yes, Gnomes - ah,not so much. However having learned that they were the sort of thing she likes I promised her one for her birthday So here it is


There wa also a project I came to name 'A Series of Unfortunate Events. I saw some yarn on the Giddy Yarns website; it was a leftover from her Halloween box. It looked to be a nicely variegated blue, my sister's favourite colour, so I ordered it, thinking I would make her, well yes, a pair of socks. 

Sadly when it came it was as much green as blue. Even more sadly it wasn't 4 ply but DK. Even more sadly than that there wasn't enough of it to make a thicker pair of socks than normal. All was not lost though, I thought. I knew she wore fingerless mitts so I looked out a lovely pattern I had used with Giddy Yarns DK before which I'd made up for myself and which I loved. So I knitted a pair of those. Sadly the Halloween yarn was a bit too dark to show up the pattern very well. Welcome to H's 'blue birthday socks - not'.


Luckily I had bought her something else too but I've yet to work out how to package that up for posting. 

And the gnome is fun

And several days later here I am editing out the typos from the above.  My sight seems to be deteriorating by the day. 


1 comment: