Friday 25 March 2022

Well, there's a thing ....

 I was having a comfortable warm doze this morning when I became aware of the OH wittering on about sheep. I didn't get excited. There are lots of sheep on Orkney. Then he said something about 'our drive' and 'eating the grass' so I reluctantly dragged my sorry carcase out of bed and peeped out of the window. To be met with this




Not an everyday occurrence. They stayed about twenty minutes and the trotted off back down the drive. Goodness knows where they are now.

We are public spirited and a message was posted to the local FB group to say they had visited, so that any local Little Bo-Peep could know where they were/had been. No response so far, but I daresay they will find their way home in due course. 

2 comments:

  1. The other morning I heard a 'baaing' which was not unusual - there are sheep in the field 'round' my house - but when I looked out of the window I saw a sheep where no sheep should be. So I hauled some clothes out to get dressed before walking down to the pier to tell my neighbour (a farmer who also 'does' the pier) that one of his flock appeared to be helping me with the gardening. When I was at the 'no clothes' stage I looked again and there was a man walking across my garden!!! In order to prevent the poor bloke being majorly traumatised I moved out of line of the window - but I decided I could stop worrying about the sheep (the man was the son of the neighbour who works on the pier). He failed to catch the sheep but it later wandered down the drive on its own and presumably returned to its allotted location. Gotta love country life.

    ReplyDelete