Friday 4 March 2022

Pretty, pretty!

 I was watching The Apprentice' last night - I know, such are the depths to which I  have fallen, but I look on it as unscripted comedy and that gets me through, and one of the contestants said 'Women love buying bedlinen'. I could sound off about the sexism inherent in this statement were it not for the fact that I know quite a lot of women, myself included, who actually do love it.  

When we decorated our bedroom which was ages ago now we chose  a very deep purple for a feature wall and I don't think I realised how difficult it would be to get bedlinen to 'go with it', but so it has proved. Along with the comparative  lack of shops in Orkney this has meant that whenever we go away I tend to be dawn into places that sell bedlinen, and if I find anything that looks suitable (a rare occurrence) I have tended to scoop it up. 

I haven't been able to indulge myself this way for quite  a long time now thanks to Covid, but obviously we are travelling a bit more now and we spotted something we both liked and was an appropriate colour on our latest trip to the Central Belt. It's very pretty, well I think so and I took a photo while it was still pristine. 



1 comment: