Monday 24 May 2021

Baking Subscription Catch Up - April

 


As noted in my previous baking post this was Viennese Whirls. What can I say? I don't like Viennese biscuits over much so these were always going to be too much of a faff for me to be a fan. That said I'm pleased to report that they certainly smelled and tasted like the real thing, and melted in the mouth like the real thing too. So they were a success to that extent.

As regards the filling(s), you had to make lemon curd and a white chocolate buttercream. My lemon curd didn't set which wasn't a good omen, and then when conferring with my sister she said that the chocolate buttercream wasn't really worth the bather. What to do? In the end since the curd wasn't useable as it was I made the buttercream but added some of the lemon ;sauce' so that there was a lemon taste to the biscuits. If you like Viennese biscuits these are very nice. If you don't like them much they are edible. I won't be doing them again but I was pleased they came out right. 

Incidentally what was left of the lemon curd definitely did set in the fridge overnight. 'Twas ever thus. 



1 comment:

  1. I’ve never tried making Viennese biscuits - I didn’t realise they were such a faff! They look fab xx

    ReplyDelete