Wednesday 27 December 2023

Ginger Biscuits

So last Christmas I got sent a  kit  to make and decorate shortbread and although the attempts of Son No 2 and I were not particularly successful in the decorating stakes we had fun. So back in November when I saw a 'decorate your own gingerbread men kit' in Shearer's Christmas Shop I bought it so that we could repeat the experience; but with icing that wasn't out of date and horribly runny , and without having to bake our own biscuits. 


Kit


Naked biscuits


Clothed (iced) biscuits, 

Sorry about the shadow on the picture. It's so gloomy here just now we can't operate without the lights on at any time of day. 

I'd like to say that mine were the most accomplished of the six, but that would be a lie. Son No. 2 did a much better job. I suspect it's all the D and D model painting that he does. 

I can't comment on what they taste like as we haven't eaten any of them yet! A pleasure to come I'm sure. 

Christmas was quiet and I somehow managed to buy the OH a very expensive book which he had already bought for himself (he must have smuggled that into the house sometime). I would take it back were it not for the fact that I blithely refused a receipt as one does so often these days, after wafting a contactless card somewhere in the vague vicinity of the till.  A gift to the library I think. Or a raffle prize the next time someone asks. 

Meanwhile today is the OH's birthday. I somehow managed not to buy him something he already had. Which was  a plus. 


2 comments:

  1. Same here - I got two copies of Unruly by David Mitchell. Hoping to be able to return the Kindle copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the book when it came out a year ago... and Nick signed it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete