Thursday 14 December 2023

At last - A Yarn Advent!

 or at least a half one, which started today.

I really shouldn't be allowed near e-mail updates/newsletters from yarn dyers at 1.00 in the morning because my resistance is very low at that time of day. Which is how I came to order a half advent from a dyer new to me - Madrigal Yarns. I mean I must have heard of them to have subscribed to their e-mails but I'd never seen them at a show or ordered from them before. However the blurb made the advent sound amazing and you could buy a whole one, or one of two halves and they all came with a pattern specific to the one you bought, so I succumbed and ordered the Tokyo Past half advent. The other half one was Tokyo Future and it sounded like it might have  a lot of bright and possibly neon colours in it, so I went for the Tokyo Past which sounded as though it was going to be more about kimonos, fans and cherry trees. 

Today was the first day, so out it came. here's the box


and this is what met my eyes when I opened it


Isn't that wrapping beautiful? The design bits aren't fabric but that Japanese paper that feels a bit like it and the colours are lovely; I'm going to keep the bits for when I'm making cards. There was a ring row counter, which apparently we need for the pattern, a stitch marker and the thing in blue at the back is the pattern which we were warned not to open unless we wanted spoilers for the yarn. Which I didn't so that's still wrapped. 

This was the first yarn; a 50g skein in shades of grey and green. 


I doubt that my phone and/or monitor screens do the subtlety of it justice. 

I have two other yarn advents which will make their appearances here in due course. 


1 comment: