Wednesday 13 December 2023

And here's Another One


 

The Yankee Candle Advent.

This is a 'repeat' from last year and likely to remain an annual purchase, since I burn tealights in the evenings  throughout the winter so I might as well have some special ones in advent. Or some of advent as yet again this 'advent' has 18 candles rather than 24. No idea why. Anyway I burned the first of them yesterday and it smelled great; the problem is that they're not labelled with their specific scents, there's just a list on the bottom of the box of the scents included. Details people details ... although I suppose if they sell them regardless why should they care?

Talking of details I see when I described my Bonne Maman advent I forgot to say that the days you don't get a jam you get a little bag of grey dust which is supposedly some sort of tea. I'm not sure either of us is willing to try it. 

Christmas preparations here are slower than usual this year, partly because we went away for the first week in December ( not sure I'd do that again, but who knows?) and partly because the OH came back lergified. I relate that to his determination to walk around Stockholm in minus temperatures inadequately dressed, but he won't have it; apparently the fact that all he wore was a glorified cardigan with a strange thin fleece lining is offset by the fact that it zipped up to his chin... Anyway we did get the tree up yesterday, although not decorated and the cards we've had so far are also up so progress is being made. I have one parcel and three local presents still to wrap, and about a dozen cards still to do, but that's not much in the overall scheme of things and we're definitely getting there. 

1 comment: