Thursday 13 April 2023

Sewing Lesson No 3

 


Bunting! Which I opted for so that I could get lots of practice at machining. And I certainly did.

I was quite pleased with this (it's twice as long as it shows in the photo with 12 flags rather than just 6) but it wouldn't all fit  on the right way round. I haven't put it up yet because there didn't seem a lot of point in doing that while the place was still filling up with dust. So it's put away until everything has settled and we've cleaned up. 

The fabric for the fronts came from a set of fat quarters I bought in Australia - the print on the black background show some native Australian flora  - and I bought some plain matching orange for the back. What is left of that is destined to become part of a project bag*, which is the next thing I'll be tackling, but not until May as my teacher is about to go away for a couple of weeks. 

*I'm trying to be good and use up leftovers because I don't want to find myself with a huge fabric stash in six months time. 

I felt this week that I was making progress, and I'm certainly enjoying myself, so that's all good. 

1 comment:

  1. So pleased you're enjoying it! Great bunting ❤️

    ReplyDelete