Sunday 2 April 2023

Baking Subscription November 2022

 


This was the last box I got although having made it doesn't mean I am completely up to date since I still have two older boxes lingering on the kitchen work top. One is for pretzels, which I never got around to because we're not really pretzel sort of people and the other one is  a very fancy sponge with strawberries and cream, which there was no point in making when it arrived since I was keeping off fat in deference to my gall bladder. I expect I'll get around to them both sooner or later. Meanwhile this is vanilla chai cake, which, despite its name,  didn't have any tea in it but did have a small amount of mixed spice, cinnamon  and ginger.  Plus a vanilla buttercream and a cinnamon crumb to decorate. 

And why yes! the instructions did say to pipe the buttercream in rosettes through the middle and on the top. And obviously I didn't. I did fluff up the visible bits of the buttercream on the top though. 

The cake was very nice but extremely light; I had to leave it out to 'stale up' for 24 hours before I could even take it off the cooling rack to decorate. The cinnamon crumb was a waste of time and butter, and the only reason there wasn't far too much buttercream for one cake, and just a little bit too much, is that, having become wise to the ways of the manufacturer I only made 2/3 rds of the stated amount. 

We enjoyed eating it but it wasn't our favourite. I'm sort of pleased I've still got the strawberry and cream one to go as that might furnish more of a 'high' as the last one in due course. 


1 comment:

  1. It *looks* yummy. I hope the strawberries and cream one is less disappointing!

    ReplyDelete