Thursday 19 January 2023

Some Socks - and a Sneak Peek

So a couple of hitherto unrecorded not-quite-Christmas socks.


 I bought the wool for these at Glasgow School of Yarn, expecting to be able to knit them up for the OH before Christmas. As it turned out I didn't have much alone time to do them in secret, so I ended up wrapping up the ball of wool to put in his Christmas sock and promising to knit  it up between Christmas and New Year. Which I did. Colourway is Autumn Rainbow in Giddy Yarns self striping sock. The GY self striping is like gold dust as a) it's very popular and b) she doesn't do much of it - having watched several of her vlogs on You Tube and seen how much work goes into producing it I'm not at all surprised -  so I was delighted to grab a ball of this at GSoY. Far too bright for me but I knew he would love it. 

Secondly there's these. 



and they were for Son No  2. This was a Dr Who themed  scrappy pack from The Lonely Knitter and I waited until the recipient was here so that he could choose which of the mini skeins to use. In addition to the colours here there were three pink/grey ones, which subsequently became a hat for a friends new baby. The colours  used for the socks were; cuffs - The Tardis, legs- Exterminate, The Cybermen and The Man who Stops the Monsters, heels and toes - 'Oh Brilliant', feet - Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey and I Wear a Fez Now. I knitted them concurrently so that the length of the blocks all matched. 

I note in passing I am probably safe from Laura's scrappy club this year as it is Disney and Marvel themed alternately,  (although I suppose I might weaken when some of the Marvel ones come up). 

And here's the sneak peek 


This is part of the project I am using my Advent Yarn for. For a long time I have deplored the habit of people enthusing over anything as small and inconsequential as a stitch marker, but honestly - look at that mitten! How cute is that? And so in keeping with the theme of the calendar, and the time of year of course. I am cautiously pleased with how this project is going as it is totally unlike anything I have made before, and if it wasn't for adopting Positivity as my watch word for this year I might be quite anxious about how it will turn out. So far, however, so good. 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it - I believe in you! I adore both pairs of socks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. and I daresay there will be a few more progress pics as time goes on. I think it will be OK in the end, it's just very BIG - or will be when done.

      Delete