Friday 6 January 2023

....and unhappy mail

This should have  been more happy mail really, as I had ordered some cards from Green Pebble, and they arrived along with my wool, yesterday. 

Sadly they arrived in a cardboard mailer that looked like this



and because they, very laudably, do not use cellophane/plastic packaging most of the cards inside were damp and scrumpled. 


I would not have minded so much had it not taken me a very long time to choose them in the first place. Although I would still have minded a bit. 

Anyway I rang them up and a very helpful girl asked me to send photos of the damage - she said this was to help them assess what had happened, although I don't think there is any doubt here that what happened was that the mailer got split, wet and possibly dropped on the ground into a puddle. I suspect she meant, so that we can be sure you are not trying to pull a fast one, but she was kind enough not to say so. And she took the names of the affected cards and said they would send out replacements. 

I couldn't have asked for better customer service for something which really was not 100% their fault, although I note that, since nothing had fallen out of the mailer, then if they used waterproof packaging inside it then  the cards would not have been damaged. Even so, they did well. And I got an e-mail this morning confirming that replacement cards had been sent out today. So a fast response as well as a good one. 

If you like beautiful cards on a variety of themes and in a variety of styles, and you don't already know them, worth checking out their website here 

And yes, two posts today, to make up for the lack of one yesterday!


1 comment:

  1. I applaud the lack of plastic, but that is very annoying. Good customer service to put it right, though 👍

    ReplyDelete