Wednesday 31 March 2021

Ta-Dah!

 


My first ever attempt at a traditional Fair Isle beanie. It won't  be the last but I'm not about to cast on another just yet! It's a bit of an effort.  I have to say the last few rounds which I had to do on dpns reminded me exactly why I am so grateful to the person who invented the small circular needle, thereby enabling me to knit socks. Because if I had to do them on dpns then my first pair would have been my last.

But I am quite pleased with this. It's made in Shetland Spindrift and given that there are literally hundreds of colours in the range I would never have got started, had not the lovely Sharon  at greatbritishyarns.co.uk/ stocked their themed Inspiration packs, of five different co-ordinating colours, which makes life a lot easier. 

1 comment: