Tuesday 23 March 2021

Not my favourite ever pair of socks

 I've finished two pairs of socks for the OH on consecutive days. 

The first one is an unhappy marriage of pattern and yarn


the pattern gets lost, which I didn't  think  would happen, as the one on the pattern picture was also done in variegated yarn and the texture was quite visible. You live and learn. It didn't help that I don't like the wool itself; it was the first instalment of the Giddy Knits 2021 Once Upon a Yarn Club. I really like almost everything else of hers that I've ever seen/bought so this was a bit of a disappointment. That said the February one is lurvlee. Anyway the OH says he likes them and I find I don't really care whether he really does or is just saying that. I'm just pleased they are off the needle. 


And these of course are just his bog standard bright socks,  with some of the wool I bought in Fife last August. There's only one lot of wool and a kit left from that haul now, so that's a good feeling. It will presumably be an even better feeling when they are both done too, but that won't be this week. Or next. 




1 comment:

  1. If I ever meet you again I may have to murder himself for those bright socks!!

    ReplyDelete