Friday 5 February 2021

Yoga 2.0

Long term readers here may recall that one of the new things I undertook for Project 60 was a Yoga class. I think we can all agree that it wasn't a complete success. In fact I think it would be fair to say that it wasn't a success in any shape or form save for the fact that I did keep going until the end of the term. 

I was alerted recently to the existence on Facebook of something called The Virtual Village Hall which is run by the WVS (does it no longer have or use the R?) and which streams various activities on a daily basis. Some of them I am interested in, some I'm not. Today I walked into my study just as the Yoga with Dave was going live and I thought 'You know what - let's have another go'. 

So I did, for about 15 minutes after which I was convinced yet again that yoga is not for me and gave up to do a parcel for my sister instead, which was why I was in the study in the first place. I was OK-ish for the first 10 minutes, although sitting cross legged on the floor was very uncomfortable. Sitting cross legged on the floor is for flexible five year olds in my book, not women of mature years with a history of back trouble. I soldiered on until we came to doing a 'breath practice' which was going to shift my mood. 

Well it certainly did that but not in a good way, since it involved breathing in and out by sniffing. Now, I was brought up not to sniff. In fact I was brought up to think that sniffing was, if not exactly one of the seven deadly sins, certainly a close relation. I was not comfortable sitting cross legged on my study floor sniffing in and out for several minutes. My mood shifted from relatively benign to exasperated in double quick time.  So I gave up on Yoga. Again. 

2 comments:

  1. I can just picture you getting crosser and crosser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once got a book about yoga from the library and tried it. I am actually hyper mobile so I would really like to know how anyone manages some of those positions . . . I had NO chance! And not just because of copious amounts of intervening fat either.
    I think yoga and I are mutually incompatible.

    ReplyDelete