Monday 8 February 2021

Here is the (Knitting) News

Let's start with socks. Here is the second pair for son No 1 in Canada; the February socks. Name of sock Mackenzie, yarn from Ripples Crafts in the colour Crushed Berries and the pattern is Oh Hello Sock which was free on Ravelry and which came out very well. Card of cat chasing a ball of yarn by me! 


Then there's some blanket progress. I have done two out of the three February squares on the new blanket.



Well I say done, the second one there needs some swiss darning on it. I tried to do this after I had blocked the square and failed miserably. This had nothing to do with not being able to do the stitch but everything to do with not being able to place them properly; there's a chart to follow and it's a zig zag pattern and I could not get it right. I will see how I feel about tackling it again after I have done the third February square.

Meanwhile progress on last years blanket inches forward; so much so that this weekend I was able to start the left hand border. So here's a teaser photo for that. Two more rows to go on this border and then it's back to weaving in ends* and  mattress stitching three more strips together. 


* I have learned from last year and keen eyed readers will have noticed that this years squares are having the ends woven in as I go!  




2 comments:

  1. I learned the hard way to work in ends as I go, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I should, but I admit my inadequacy compared to Anne and Heather as I rarely actually do it . . .

    ReplyDelete