Thursday 18 February 2021

Finished Things - A Hat

 


Fairly fresh off the needles, it was finished two days ago. The photo was taken in artificial light so the colour reproduction isn't the best. The wool is DK  and was from Giddy Yarns in their Christmas Eve treat box, and the colourway is The Land of Sweets.

I had two of these as one was destined for a friend but luckily it had not been sent, since I ran out of wool four rounds before the end of the pattern and so had to use the spare ball. This does mean that I have an almost complete ball of it left and I shall use it in due course to make some mitts. The friend will have to be sent something else. 

I hasten to add that the yarn shortage was not the fault of Giddy Knits. There was yardage given on the ball band but I used a very old pattern from the days before they thought to specify the length needed for the pattern. Annoyingly, since the hat is a tad too large, had I knitted it on a size smaller needle it would have been a slightly better fit and I would have had enough wool in the one ball. But there you go, that's knitting for you. And on the bright side I will eventually get a pair of matching mitts! 

1 comment: