Friday 19 February 2021

Baking Subscription February

 


This is strawberry and banana loaf cake. Seemed like an odd combination of flavours really. That said it is nice, although personally I wouldn't mind if there had been rather more of the freeze dried strawberries to go in the cake, and I could take or leave the cinnamon. They are in general a bit over fond of cinnamon I feel, it seems to be included in at least every other bake. 

On the upside, it wasn't too faffy. You had to rehydrate some of the strawberries but that wasn't hard, and there was a crumble topping as well as cake batter to make. And then buttercream through the middle and water icing on the top. I feel very proud to report that this time I did the drizzling of the water icing rather than cop out and ask the OH to do it. See, sometimes I improve! 

1 comment: