Thursday 11 February 2021

Good Heavens! It's the Outdoors!

We have been confined to barracks  for days now due to snow (falling), snow (inconsiderately lying underfoot and very very cold temperatures. Yesterday we finally got out of the house, although not to walk, only in the car.  It was at that point that the day started falling apart and really I got very little done because I seemed to be thwarted at every turn ( I know I'm not alone, we all have days like this sometimes).

However I was briefly cheered by the sight of these two chaps outside the local shop



And one thing I did manage to do was finish the current Saturday Slaughters book, which is just as well as we are discussing it this Saturday coming. It was grim - but I'll save more details for another post. 

1 comment:

  1. We haven’t had enough to make snowmen, just enough to be annoying - especially as the uncleared payments are now frozen relief maps and impossible to walk on!

    ReplyDelete