Monday 14 December 2020

Baking Subscription November

 


This was butterscotch popcorn cake.

I was a bit wary of it because my sister, who took out a subscription to the same baking club a  few months ago,  got hers done first and reported that they hadn't liked it at all. Which was a bit off putting. 

However I've done it now and I have to say that we did quite like it. I got to make brown butter sauce for the first (and probably last time), ditto the popcorn. We're not fans of popcorn at the best of time and putting it on a cake seems a bit odd. But actually it was fine.

Naturally the butter cream, which was made with the brown butter, was supposed to be piped on in rosettes and equally naturally I just got out my big spoon and palette knife. It wasn't  day to try piping rosettes - but then when is it ever? 

1 comment: