Tuesday 1 December 2020

It's Advent!

 



And I bought the OH an advent calendar. We don't usually bother with chocolate ones but somehow it seems important to make a little bit more of Christmas in this Covid Year than previously. I am hoping that there will not be too many of those 'eclairs' lurking behind the windows as neither of us likes them. 

Meanwhile I have one of the inimitable Jacquie Lawson advent calendars on my computer, this year with a Nordic theme. 

Making more of Christmas also accounts for the fact that I have allowed the OH to put up the tree today - far too early in a normal year - and the lights are on, but not the decorations yet. That's tomorrow's job. He has also dug out a Christmas jumper and no doubt these will be rotated from now until Christmas. I should probably take photos of those too.  Today's is a Blue Jays one, bought for him as a Christmas present several years ago by Son No 1. 

Happy Advent everyone! 


2 comments:

  1. We’ve started decorating far earlier this year. We just felt like we needed the colour and extra light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems to be a common thing Heather. I've certainly been burning candles for a couple of weeks now.

    ReplyDelete