Thursday 10 December 2020

Gordon Bennett, where have the last four days gone?


Have a picture of the completed tree


In real life I am finding that the lights rather overpower all the other things on there, but perhaps that's my eyes? Anyway it looks very nice, and Christmassy.

Today is 'get Christmas wrapped up' day; it's not an annual thing but I just decided yesterday that by the end of today I wanted all the cards written and posted, and all the parcels for foreign parts that hadn't already gone sent off, and all the stuff that we're now going to have to send to Glasgow because Son No. 2 can't  get to Orkney for Christmas, wrapped and ready to go to the post. 

I'm almost there. I have to say that, after a run of fairly relaxed Decembers, Christmas stress has re-manifested itself with a bang this year, which is probably why I want as much of the prep finished as soon as possible. We have been perilously close to the pre-Christmas meltdown on several occasions and I really would like to avoid it if at all possible. 

And now I must go and write notes to go in cards. Only six still to do. 

1 comment:

  1. That’s what I’ll be doing today and tomorrow. It seems to have crept up on me! Thank you for your card, by the way, the first to arrive this year!

    ReplyDelete