Saturday 12 December 2020

Do I See Some New Wool There?

 


Yes you do. Well spotted. It was like this ....

It was the Glasgow School of Yarn in November, a wool festival that had been planning a triumphant return after a few years 'off'. As it turned out, 2020  wasn't the best time for that, was it? It changed, like so much else, into a virtual event. This was a good thing in many ways as it meant I didn't spend any money and I didn't acquire any more wool, both of which I would have done at the real life event if it had happened. 

The virtual event did however bring to my attention a number of very talented Indie Wool Dyers/Sellers of Wool and Knitting Related stuff based n Scotland and  that I hadn't known about before. I drooled at the pics of their stuff on the GSOY website, visited lots of  individual websites and signed up for a lot of Newsletters. 

And after a wee while because I was feeling a bit grey one day I ordered a Cookston Crafts Treat Box, which was going to contain wool and - er- treats. The clue is in the name. You can opt just to have the wool, but if you're on a mission to brighten up your life sometimes it takes a little bit more than just wool. No really. It does. 

I did wonder if, when it arrived,  it might be a bit of a let down or I might feel I hadn't got value for money but in the event it was quite the reverse. In addition to 100g of wool and some pattern suggestions for using it, there was: a small cross stitch kit for a Christmas ornament (which I have just about finished and which I'm sending to son no 2 for his tree), a bottle of raspberry lemonade, two huge fudge bites (I let the OH have one of them which I thought was a bit above and beyond to be honest) , lip balm and body wash from Shetland Soap, a sachet of Soak for handwashing wool, a colourful postcard and a beautiful bar of hand made soap. 

The whole thing was indeed a treat. 

And I've ordered the one for Hogmanay .... 

1 comment: